Backstage Pass by Peatix
Backstage Pass by Peatix is a community event for event organisers - exchange lessons learned, connect with people who enable events and grow as a group.
- Hear from a series of organisers about their experience and takeaways of growing events from the ground-up in Singapore.
- Be inspired and involved to do the same with a hands-on brainstorming session to take Singapore's events scene to the next level.
- Tell us what is #HomeGrownSG to you on Instagram!
- Singapore Tourism Board will kick off the evening by sharing about the S$5million Kickstart Fund which supports the development of innovative lifestyle test-bed events and concepts with strong tourism potential. Find out what types of events qualify for a Kickstart Fund application and chat with STB representatives present.
- William Hooi is the founder of Singapore Makers, a community whitespace that advocates technology and innovation in Singapore through the makers movement. Previously, he was involved in organizing the annual Singapore Mini Maker Faire while he was with the Science Centre Singapore. Now, he organises regular maker events, workshops and meetups in Singapore.
- Mogan Vithilingam, co-founder of Singapore Pub Crawl and a self-confessed Master Crawler brings locals, expats and tourists together on an open-top party bus, crawling through our city's hidden bars and best party spots! Theme nights like the recent St. Patrick's Day and Mardi Gras Pub Crawl ensure that each crawl is an unforgettable experience that leaves crawlers thirsting for more - it's no wonder it's now rated as Singapore's top nightlife attraction on TripAdvisor!
- Adrianna Tan is the founder of Culture Kitchen, a social initiative to gather people from all walks of life, all nationalities and cultures, and all languages and beliefs, to bond and celebrate Singapore's diversity over a meal. She's since organised two with a highlight on the local Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian and Burmese community.
- Lim Su Pei is a founding member and the admin and marketing officer of See and Be Seen 2014, the third edition of Singapore's pioneer night cycling safety initiative. The 2014 edition saw the team give out 1000 lights to foreign workers at their dormitories leading up to the actual event to encourage foreign workers to be safe and be seen when riding. Previous editions raised funds for non-profit organisations like Life Community Development and youths from the Special Olympics Singapore.
- Justin Hall is a co-organiser of WalkaboutSG, Singapore's first open house event for technology startups. He's also an active investor in startups himself as an associate at Golden Gate Ventures, an early stage fund and accelerator fund in Singapore looking to invest in 10 companies a year.
- Richard Korff co-organises CreativeMornings Singapore, a monthly breakfast lecture series for creative types (including entrepreneurs, developers & crafters). He's also a co-curator of TedxSingapore and an avid attendee of Backstage Pass, having been to all previous editions!
- Stella Gwee is the founder of Shophouse & Co, a creative agency developing cultural projects in urban spaces through collaborations with the creative community. With more than 15 years experience in PR< marketing and events management in arts, music, lifestyle and entertainment industries, Stella had produced, rebranded and marketed Archifest 2012 & 2013 together with festival director, Adib Jalal. It was through working together in the festival that the vision of Shophouse & Co was formed - to use culture as the social glue to work with local communities, private and public organisations across Asia to create vibrant and meaningful urban spaces. Most recently, Shophouse & Co was commissioned to curate and produce the first design trail, Creative Circuits during the inaugural Singapore Design Week and other events to activate the newly opened National Design Centre.
- Am I considered an "event organiser?" Peatix encourages events of all kinds to blossom - anything from tech talks, workshops and classes to theatre, art performances to parties, gigs to private dinners and gatherings. So yes, you're probably one without knowing it.
- I provide relevant services (audio-visual services, photobooth rental, app) - can I attend?Yes, we're an inclusive community. At the same time, organisers prefer to mostly meet other organisers. We require vendors to pay a higher entry of $30 and respect that this event is not a platform for selling services.
- Why can't I buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction? Diversity is important to us - come meet new friends!
- Vegetarian or Halal food? Yes! Please let us know in advance.
- Why isn't the event free? We serve food at wonderful venues. The price is not designed to be a barrier - we offer discounts to students, youths and dreamers.
- What's your refund policy? We understand that things may crop up. Feel free to transfer your ticket or approach us for a refund.
- Can I pay at the door? Yes you can, but at $20.
- Are you looking for partners? Glad you asked - please drop us a line.
- Who organises this? The community team at Peatix Singapore - Fabian Lua and Claire Ding.
- More questions? Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our lovely partners
The Hub Singapore is a home for purpose-driven people who use ventures and ideas to build a better world. More than just a coworking space, The Hub is a trusted community, stimulating events platform, and a base from which to launch your business and scale your impact. Part of a global network of 7000 innovators in nearly 60 Hubs across 5 continents, they accelerate cross-sector innovations to solve pressing issues of our time. Started in May 2012, The Hub Singapore is proud to have been the first Hub in Asia.
Social Playground's Live Instagram Printer - a next-generation instant photo printer that prints Instagram photos instantly - is now in Singapore! Built for events and ready for permanent installation, the Live Instagram Printer captures photos shared via Instagram tagged with a specific hashtag or within a geo-location, and prints a high quality Polaroid-style photo (4"x6"), all in 20 seconds. This drives online buzz around a brand's hashtag as users are inspired to tag photos at events. Housed in a stylish and compact unit, the Live Instagram Printer integrates into a variety of event environments without the need for laptops or unsightly hook-ups on site. Book them for your next event!
- The event description was updated. Diff#34156 2014-04-23 16:17:47
6:45 PM - 9:45 PM SGT
- The Hub Singapore
Organiser (Early-bird) SOLD OUT $15.00 Organiser (Regular) SOLD OUT $18.00 Vendor SOLD OUT $30.00
- Venue Address
- The Hub Singapore, 113 Somerset Rd, Singapore 238165 Singapore
Peatix Singapore1,291 Followers